Friday, April 24, 2015

Back at it AGAIN!!

Well, I've been gone for a while due to unexplained medical issues.  I finally found a doctor that was able to figure me out.  I've been diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type III and Restless Leg Syndrome, on top of the Hashimoto's Autoimmune Disease that I already knew about.  Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom (EDS) is a genetic condition that affects the body's connective tissue, which is the glue that holds us together.  Basically everything in my is very stretchy.  This is why my joints have always been very hypermobile, which really helped with cheerleading in high school. Unfortunately, now it causes me pretty bad pain.  I'm currently required to wear braces on both knees, both ankles, and both wrists to try to prevent further damage.  The Restless Leg Syndrom (RLS) is also causing some significant issues.  When I stand or move around a lot, my heart rate gets very high.  This, combined with the pain and lack of sleep, leaves me completely exhausted everyday.  Add a full-time job into the mix, and, well, needless to say, exercise is very difficult at the moment. I'm going to take it slow and try to do as much as possible without causing further injury. 

Onto my new plan!  I recently joined Weight Watchers through my insurance plan.  I get 6 months of meetings for free!!!  I also wear a Fitbit Charge HR everyday, which automatically adds points for exercise to my WW account (and as an added bonus helps me to monitor my heart rate throughout the day).  I also plan on visiting my favorite weight loss site, 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet, EVERY DAY! The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I faithfully went to this site each day and was an active participant.  It really does help.  I will also do my best to post here at least once every 2-3 days.  The less I way, the better it is for my poor, unstable joints.  I also have a cruise coming up in June.  It's a first for both me and my husband!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment