Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Better Now!

Wow, I really need to get better at updating.  I've been doing much better with staying on schedule lately.  So far this week, I've actually exercised every day.  Monday I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, yesterday I did upper body weight training with my fiance, and today another 30 minutes on the treadmill.  When I'm on the treadmill I use the per-programmed workouts, so it's intervals of various speeds.  I think the problem before was that Zumba was just a little too much for me right now. I would be absolutely wiped out and take days to recover.  I don't have that problem with the treadmill.  I'm still tired after, but it only takes a couple hours to recover.  I've been doing okay food wise as well.  Not perfect, but much better than before.  We went from eating fast food for dinner about 4-5 nights per week, to only getting it maybe 1-2 every two weeks.  I'm really hoping I can keep this up once I start back at work in August.  My weight this morning was 228.6, so I'm still having trouble keeping the weight off.  I'm hoping that consistent exercise will help with that.  My fiance, on the other hand, has lost about 10 pounds in 2.5 weeks while doing hardly any cardio! He does work with weights for about 15-20 minutes 5-6 days a week though.

 As for my thyroid disease: So far I think that Tirosint is working better for me than Synthroid, but I still want to try the natural dessicated thyroid medication and low dose naltrexone.  I keep reading that that combination rids people of almost all symptoms and their hormone levels become optimal.  I still have to take naps every now and then to get through the day (normally around 1 or 2 in the afternoon I crash).  Most days I try to fight it, but I'm not always able to.  I've also been feeling really anxious, but I know exactly what's causing that.  I had something unexpected come up Monday afternoon, and visited this person yesterday.  Think good thoughts for me that this works out the way I'd like please!!  It is something that would definitely relieve a lot of stress from my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment