Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Post Camping Weekend

So far, not so good.  I still haven't mustered up the energy to exercise while at home, which of course makes me feel super guilty.  I went camping with my family for the 4th of July, which meant eating not-so-good-for-you food.  I did get some hiking in though.  We did one trail Friday afternoon that was about 3 miles.  I was in soooo much pain after that hike, and because of the pain didn't sleep well at all (worse than usual).  Midday Saturday we visited the nature center museum and walked the nature center trail. I can't remember how long that one was supposed to be, but it definitely wasn't more than a mile.  I started off feeling okay, just a little stiff, and thought that it might be good to do the trail and stretch my muscles.  Oh wow was I wrong.  I was in more pain by the end of that hike than I was the day before.  My fiance, my brother, and I decided to relax and watch a movie when we got back to the camper.  Some of the pain went away for a little while, but returned when I got up.  We spent the rest of the daylight hours just sitting outside and talking. The men cooked steak and potatoes and my mom made homemade ice cream.  Once it was completely dark outside, we went on a night hike (boardwalks only since we were in the swamp and didn't feel like running into snakes that we wouldn't be able to see).  It wasn't nearly as hot outside as the previous hikes, and I think that helped a bit to not tire me out as much.  We also walked these a lot slower since we were looking for wildlife.  I was hurting, but was at least able to walk like a normal human being.  All we ended up seeing was an armadillo and A LOT of wolf spiders.  The spiders were all over the railings, just waiting for some yummy insects to get close enough for dinner.  I think the total length of the two trails was about 1.5 miles.  When we returned home Sunday, I ended up only being up a pound.  This isn't too bad considering I ate pretty badly, was sore, and that TOM was about to arrive (was feeling super bloated).

No comments:

Post a Comment