Wednesday, July 30, 2014

More Energy!

Hello all.  I started taking ThyroGold last Thursday, so it has been almost a full week.  This medication has made SUCH a difference in the short amount of time I've been taking it.  It technically is a supplement, since it is purchased over-the-counter, but it works just as the prescription natural dessicated thyroid hormones. Therefore, do not take this supplement unless you know your lab numbers and are sure that you have hypothyroidism.  Yesterday was the first day that I felt GREAT! I do feel my body start to crash when it's time for my second dose though (I split my ThyroGold dose in two - one first thing in the morning, and the other around 3 pm).  Today was the first day I attempted to exercise since taking this new medication.  I decided to do low impact exercises for now, so I started Denise Austin's Shrink Your Fat Zones: Pilates. I'm going to follow their 21 day suggested routine, which is 2 of the 3 workouts from the dvd per day for a total of 30 minutes of exercise for the first 2 weeks, then all three workouts for the last week (45 minutes total).  Today I did the abs and upper body workouts. I didn't quite finish the upper body, but I decided that it's super important for me to listen to my body so that I don't do more harm than good.

I strongly suspect that I have adrenal fatigue.  I ordered the STTM 24 hr Saliva Cortisol test, which will hopefully come in soon.  This will tell me for sure, then I can bring the results to my doctor for appropriate treatment.  Until then, I will just ease into the Pilates.

The good news though, is that I didn't gain any weight this past week, even though I didn't exercise! I'm still at 223.2.  I also got my wedding dress in, and as of right now it doesn't need any alterations.  Since the dress is a corset back, I should be able to lose another 15-20 pounds and hopefully not have to alter it (unless I lose the weight in my boobs, then it will need alterations lol).  I will be doing my measurements on Friday, so hopefully I will see some inches lost.  I did put a pair of work pants on the other day, and they are a bit looser!

No comments:

Post a Comment